There are several differences you'll notice if you are coming here from the old MSN site so we'll try to make the change as painless as possible with hints we discover as we get used to the new format.
Everyone is still very welcome to browse the site without joining or signing-in - but posting and some other features do require them, as before.
Things you'll notice as great improvements over MSN include:
- It is easier to join via a clear button at the top of the screen that opens a neater and more-secure registration screen and easier
- Compatibility with MS Word - so you can now copy/paste directly without the fiddles KCC required to avoid littering your post with code.
- Integral spell checking - so you no longer need to use IESpell.
- Posters can edit their own posts - and admins can edit anything.
- Firefox users no longer have to revert to Microsoft's proprietary Internet Explorer browser in order to format with the on-screen editor.
- A preview button to check how posts will look before you post them.
- Support from Yuku is quick, personal, friendly, knowledgeable and very different.
- An occasional lag between posting and it appearing - but I can live with that after years of MSN sending posts to cyberspace.
- The over-shortened summary shown in 'Latest Posts' - so please start the title to every new topic with no more than two keywords
and try to limit the overall length of it to ten.
(More to come!)